Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Brittany's BlueBerry Puddin' Bites

Happy hump day!! Hope y'all have been having a great week thus far!  Last night around 8:30 I became a weee bit antsy-- shocking I know!!! So decided that I would bake something to share with you guys!! I combined a few recipes I have used in the past as well as some I've been wanting to try for quite some time!  What I came up with is a heavenly pudding cupcake/shortcake type thing with blueberry topping topped with a cream-cheese honey almond icing!!  Needless to say it's very sweet but still has a sense of freshness and goodness from the blueberries!  I made them in a smaller cupcake pan to create a bite-size appeal!  The recipe is as follows:

Cupcake ingredients:
2 c of flour
2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 c butter
2 large eggs
2 tsp almond or vanilla extract (I used almond since I used almond in the icing)
2/4 c milk
1/4 c vanilla instant pudding
1/4 c whipping cream

Whisk together flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl.  In a separate bowl combine butter (I melted mine to better mix), eggs, almond and milk.  Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.  Once fully incorporated slowly add instant pudding mix. Mix to make sure all ingredients are combined.  As a last step whip in the whipping cream.  The mixture will be slightly runny but that is what we are going for.  This will cause the cupcakes to sink in the middle verses rising; creating a little pouch for all of our toppings!!! OH and extra extra moisture-- believe me its heavenly!!!  Bake at 350 for 10-15 minutes until the tops are golden brown :)

Blueberry topping ingredients:
1-1 1/2 c blueberries
2 tbsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tbsp lemon
pinch of cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
2 tsp honey

Place blueberries in blender and blend until you get a syrup consistency I recommend pulsing so that you don't end up with soup haha!  Add other ingredients and mix until fully combined.

Cream Cheese Honey Almond Icing
8 ounces of cream cheese (room temperate-- sit out on counter while making cupcakes)
1/2 c butter
1 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp honey
1/4 c confectionery sugar

I wish there was a button you could click on that would send you a treat.. Perhaps one day!! ;) ENJOY!

No comments: