Happy Friday to ya!! 4 things I'm lovin this week are....
1. All things HALLOWEEN!!!! From the pumpkins to the costume decorating, everything pumpkin' flavored (sheww this list is long: we have breads, muffins, lattes, cakes, etc) spooky decorations, halloween parties, and let's not forget the SCARRRRRRRRY movies (ok don't actually enjoy them but I'm going to try this year!) Let the festivities BEGIN!!
2. OBSESSED to say the least with the fall edition of Southern Living Magazine -- it has EVERYTHING and let me just tell you everything!! If you have not had a chance to read it, I highly suggestion swooping one up-- you will NOT regret it!! It's filled with fabulous fall decorating ideas, fall treats, casseroles, dinners and the like-- I'm pretty sure I ewww'ed and ahhhh'ed the whole time I was flippin through!
3. SCARVES! I've pretty much worn one everyday this week-- from pattern to solid it is the best way to mix up any outfit!!And they are oh so snuggly too!
4. Chinese and movie date with Ry and Bobbin!! We grabbed some yummy Chinese food-- nothing better on a cold rainy day (except for chili- maybe:)) and watched Bad Teacher-- have y'all seen this movie?? It's not a top fav but it did have its funny parts and Cameron Diaz is both smoking and funny-- its worth the $1 redbox if anything!!
Hope y'all are having a great week-- what are y'all loving this week?!
..... enough said! Last night I met up my lady friends to watch DC's finest drag queens decked out in their most elaborate Halloween garb strut their stuff and race to the finish line!! It was out of this world!! My jaw was stuck to the floor with the amazement of these costumes!! They get better and more extreme each year!!! My camera, or should I say Dave's -- thanks DA for the loaner!!!!!, was not taking the best of pics. I still don't have the features worked out -- so good ole Jenna Glotz Bubba Sparks was in charge of taking all the pics and she did a fine job!!
And now for your viewing pleasure...... DRAG QUEENS.........
... yes these are men!! Thanks again Bib's for the pics!!! For more pics click here.
In German that means cheers, cheers, cheers!! It was the theme of our weekend and really the only reason for our venture to Pittsburgh! Since our Germany trip with Pammy and Bill I have been begging Ry to take me to Pittsburgh and he did just that! Reason 100000 why I love him oh so much!! We had a top notch weekend!! I ran him ragged but we were able to see and do a bunch!! As soon as we arrived, we swung on over to Pramanti's to have one of their famous sammies, we then treked from downtown to The Strip District (whoa mama that's a heck of a walk if you didn't know!!), visited the History Museum, caught some college football games (sheww Pittsburgh-- how about you get some sports bars!!!) we ended the night with lots of singing, dancing and "prosting" at the Hofbrauhaus!!! As you can imagine, Sunday we were not too early to rise but needed to squeeze more things in before heading back home. We grabbed breakfast at a cute little dinner, walked even more (I have shinsplints from all this walking!!), rode up the incline for a great view of the city!!, and even had time to squeeze in some time at Market Square before we loaded back on the bus for the ride home! Man we jammed lots of things into two days and it was GREATTTT!! Here are some of the pics from the weekend!!! Thanks Ry for taking me!!!!
bad pic of ry haha but we stayed in "Ryan's Suite" pretty snazzzy!!
All sandwiches come with a HANDFUL, heaping handful, of fries and coleslaw-- YUMMM!
Theresa we learned all about Ketchup!! ;)
This is one of the only pics of my cape!!!! LOVE IT!
Well hello there Mister Friday, nice of you to show up, its much appreciated! Next time let's make it a wee bit faster- Thanks!
4 Things. . .
1. Catch me up weeks!! Sometimes you just need to clear the calendar and catch up on life!! This week I took the bull by the horns and although, I didn't necessarily clear my schedule, I was able to squeeze in lots of much needed tidy ups, stocking of my cabinets, and SLEEEEEEEP!! Last week I was a cranky mess due to the lack of sleep and routine!! As much as I hate to admit it. . . I NEED/REQUIRE/NECESSITATE sleep and a routine!!
2. My LOVELY, HEAVY DUTY, MAMBAJAMBA of a machine, cool blowing FAN!!!! Sheww can't tell you how much the quality of my life just improved!!! :) Y'all know the story :)
3. MY CAPE-- I purchased a lovely little winter cape yesterday!! I'm obsessed-- I'm planning to wear it all weekend so pictures to follow!!
4. THIS WEEKEND!!! Ry and I head to Pittsburgh for a fun filled weekend!! We're staying here, planning to go here,here, here and here oh and insert more stops here!! :) Although Ry is not 100% excited about trip, I'm sure once we get there he'll have a change in mood :)
Hope y'all have a great weekend! What are y'all loving this week??
First things first.. I would like to extend a BIG OLE THANK YOU to the UPS man that delivered me my sanity last night!!!! My apt has not felt the swirling of cold air in almost 3 weeks now-- how ridiculous!! I have sweat my little buns off, woke up to rain soaked sheets, watched tv in my skinnies, and taken cold showers all because my building thought it a terrific idea to turn off the AC!!!!! They are crazyyyyyyy!! So after much fuss to the management company they buckled and reimbursed me for a super duper fan complete with its own little remote!! I was finally able to cook (yes I haven't turned my stove on in almost a week) and enjoy a delectable supper (BBQ chicken sammie with collard greens--yummmm) I just can't even tell you, it was out of this world just out of this world!! I pinched myself to make sure I was not dreaming!!!! Thanks again Mr. UPS Man!
What have y'all been up to this week??
I have been catching up from last week, doing the not so fun things that we have to do as we get older: grocery shopping, laundry, and cleaning-- YUCK!! However the fun part was catching up on my tv shows! Did any of you watch the NJ Housewives Renuion-- those women are vicious to put it nicely!!! I did take a little time out of my "chores" to go to a Caps game with Ry-- it was soo fun!!!! It was 1-0 Caps for majority of the game and then at the last couple minutes the Caps took the lead 3-0!!! Thanks Ry for getting the tix! :)
Hey y'all!!! Sorry for the lack in posting this past week! It sure was a busy one to say the least!!! As a brief little update, Monday I headed down to Atlanta and was able to get back just in time for a small gathering of all my girl friiiiennds Wednesday night!! Thursday I watched the Caps take home a victory against the Penguins- CAPS CAPS CAPS! Friday I escaped my AC-less apartment and ventured down to Fredericksburg to spend time with my second family; Theresa and I squeezed in a quick trip to the craft show then zoomed over to cheer Bryce on in his last football game. Saturday I cruised to the good ole city of Charlottesville to celebrate the birth of Miss. Kels Pace!! We had a cookout and hung out with her oh so fun and awesome roomies--can't wait to make it back down oh so soon!! Shewww these past couple of weekends have been jammed packed and they aren't slowing down anytime soon :) :). The pictures tell it all. I'll stop with my boring narrative and let y'all see for yourself! HAPPY MONDAY!!
HAPPY BDAY KELSSSS!!!!!!
Man these weekends just keep getting better and better!! What did y'all do this weekend?!
Hey y'all!! This past weekend as you know, my mom headed up to visit me and what a weekend we had... what a weekend!!! Mom and I were on the go before her tires had a chance to cool! We ate like queens, went apple picking, baked apples, more apples and even more apples, went wine tastings, popped in to Eastern Market, watched football, watched movies, switched over my closet, met up with friends, and had time to squeeze in a visited to the Pentagon shewwww it was A LOT but ohhh my it was awesome!!! I'm soooo lucky to have such a wonderful and amazing little mama! She is constantly teaching and challenging me! I don't think I could have hand picked a better mentor, mama and best friend!!! Here are some pics for your viewing pleasure ;)
Happy Friday-- shewweee it's here already! I guess time flies when you're having fun!! This week has been a whirlwind! Lots to do and see!! Now for the 4 things I'm loving this week!!!
1. My LITTLE bro is turning 24 today! HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLD MAN!! Pretty soon gray hair and wrinkles will be in full bloom! :) For those of you who do not know my brother and I are EXTREMELY close!! I mean we are only 13 months apart! Sad that we won't be together to celebrate but in our own little way we will be!!! LOVE YOU D!!!!!!!!!
2. Catching up with FRIENDS!!! This week I was able to squeeze in lots of time with some of my favorite ladies, whether it was just hanging in our sweats, catching up by phone for the long-distanters or grabbing some licious grub!!! It definitely made for a couple of busy and late nights but in the end WELL WORTH the loss of sleep!! :) I wanted to share one of my outings with y'all. Rach, Katie and I went to Hill Country in Chinatown!! It's such a neat and interesting little concept they have going on! Another one that I would strongly recommend visiting!! It's conveniently right off the metro too!
3. Y'all are going to think I'm a little nuts for this but it's a must in my book-- THE REAL HOUSEWIVES OF ATLANTA started this week! I don't know what it is about that whack-job of a show but I just can't get enough!! Thanks to my old roomies for getting me hooked on this trashsaaay tv! haha LOVE IT!
4. MY MOM IS COMING TONIGHT!!! AHHHH I'm soo excited if you couldn't tell!!! We are going to hit up the markets in town, apple pick, cook up some heavenly meals and enjoy this beautiful fall weather that they are predicting!! I'll fill y'all all in on Monday!! Until then...
Hope all of y'all had a great Monday-- mine sure flew by!! So fast that I didn't have a chance to post the weekend happenings and such. As you've seen I was home this weekend and couldn't have had a better time! I got to spend lots of time with mom and dad and eat like a queen!
Friday night Mom, Ms. Liz and I had a girls night in! We stirred up a tasty little treat for the evening, HONEYCRISP APPLE SANGRIA. (via.) We paired it with veggie pizza and a showing of Bridesmaids!
Me and my momma
Saturday we were early to rise since we had lots we wanted to see and do. We went to fall festivals, the outlet malls, tinker shops and even ventured over to duck to check out the Carr's new pad!! We topped the night off with our seafood dinner, football and relaxing from our big day!
Sleepy little pups!
DEZ even joined in on the action!
Sunday's are always the hardest. I have to pep-talk myself in to leaving! I finally hit the road late afternoon and didn't hit any traffic- thank you Fall! Mom is visitng my neck of the woods this weekend and I couldn't be MORE EXCITED!! Any suggestions on fun happenings this upcoming week?
See what I mean, it's tough to leave!
Did y'all have a nice weekend-- what all did y'all do?