Monday, August 29, 2011

25

One word- IRENE (let's just say it is definitely not making the cut for the name of my first born!!!!!)

Despite Irene showing her pretty little ugly head, this weekend I celebrated 25 years of existence!!  Also celebrating was my cousin April!!  I've told this story umpteen times but Ap and I were born on the same day just hours apart!! I'm the oldest but only by a grain of sand ;)  LOVE YOU AP!!!

So, 25, the much talked about age.  You are now no longer an adolescent but rather an ADULT-- ekkk that sounds crazy!!! Perhaps not even carded in the liquor store....So what exactly is in a number? Here are some random facts about the number 25....
1. The number of cents in a quarter
2. The minimum age of candidates for election to the United States House of Representatives
3. The smallest square that is also a sum of two (non-zero) squares
4. The atomic number of manganese
5. The number of years of marriage marked in a silver wedding anniversary
6. An interstate that runs from New Mexico to Wyoming
For you sports fans, it's...
7. The size of the full roster on a Major League Baseball team for most of the season, except for regular-season games on or after September 1, when it expands to 40
8.  Typically reserved for the best slugger on the team
9. The number of points needed to win a set in volleyball under rally scoring rules

Who would've thunk?
 


Thanks to everyone that helped me ring in another year, especially Ry-- he's been the best!  Since Irene outwore her welcome a little too much my bday festivities will continue on into this week!! Excited for what's in store! I'll keep y'all updated!!

What did y'all do during hurricane Irene?? Did everyone make it out safely??  I know my family in Franklin is without power and water-- hope y'all get it back soon!! Special thanks to everyone that called and checked on my family in the Outer Banks! They made it out safely and with no major damage!!

B

No comments: