Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Skinny Chicken Carbonara

I love finding ways to make my favorite recipes better suitable for my waistline :) Especially since working out lately has been non-existent!! GRR!

Last night Ry and I had a nice little dinner for two! I made Chicken Carbonara using all of our favorite ingredients but adding a slight twist that not even your taste buds would notice!

To start things off, I fried up some bacon, TURKEY BACON, that is! I let the grease drain off on a paper -towel.  Using the same pan, I diced up some mushrooms and garlic and let them sweat out.

While all of this was going on, I brought out my handy dandy george foreman (one of the best inventions for the kitchen, if you ask me, besides my kitchen-aide mixer ;)!  I grilled two small chicken breasts that I salted with garlic salt and fresh pepper.  I also boiled a pot of salted water to cook my broccoli and noodles.  The broccoli does not require as much time as the noodles so keep an eye on them. Once they are ready-- I roughly chopped them so you weren't munching on a whole broccoli stalk!

When all ingredients are fully cooked to your liking, throw it all into the skillet pan and thoroughly mix together.  The final touch is adding one can of cream of broccoli, one of cream of mushroom and a dash of the salt water you used to cook your noodles and broccoli.  Let the flavors combine and then serve it up with a sprinkle of your favorite cheese!!

This whole process takes no longer than 20 minutes, Rachel Ray thought she had found something with 30 minute meals-- please!!!

** I forgot my camera today but will post a pic of the beauty later!

No comments: