Saturday, October 1, 2011

Stuffed Belly and all . . .

After a fun-filled day of boping around the island with mom and Ms. Liz (more to come Monday) my dear papa-bear definitely out-did himself!  We had the Carr's over (minus Ry and Bryce :(-- sorry guys!) for some football watching and licious, yummy belly filling scrumptious seafood!!  Let me just tell you about this spread he made!!

. . . Steamed crabs, shrimp, and SHE CRAB SOUP, need I say more?!?

 Lots of yummy crabies!!

 Shrimp for T-- where's the ketchup?

 Lots of pickin' happening!

 
My dad's infamous She Crab Soup-- holy moly it is just the best thing!!
**I would love to share this recipe however my dad informed me that if I did he would have to kill me!  I would rather stick around for a bit longer so y'all will just have to figure it out yourself!!

I'll leave y'all with this-- my mom found this cute little sign that is hanging in our kitchen and I just LOVE IT!!
The South-- the place where. . . Tea is sweet and accents are sweeter.  Summer starts in April, Macaroni & Cheese is a vegetable, Front porches are wide and words are longer, Pecan pie is a staple, Y'all is the only proper noun, Chicken is fried and biscuits come with gravy, Everything is Darling, Someone's heart is always being blessed.

Hope y'all are having a great Saturday!

No comments: