Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rabbit Rabbit ... Bunny Bunny

Happy Hump day to ya!  CAN YOU BELIEVE WE ARE IN NOVEMBER ALREADY??!  I feel like I blinked and October passed me by!  I wanted to share a little tradition we do in our house that was passed down from my grandma's family. On the first day of the month before doing anything you are supposed to say "rabbit rabbit" -- in doing so, it brings you good luck for the rest of the month!!

I thought it was just another "Franklin thing" but turns out other people in the world do it as well! check it out (as a side note I am well aware that wiki is not a credible source, however I used it as a means to describe the tradition) As you can see there are multiple versions out there-- feel free to adopt the tradition in to your family!!!  As for the Bunny Bunny-- that's something Ry and I have adopted-- if you forget Rabbit Rabbit on the first day of the month (guilty!!) we feel it safe to say Bunny Bunny on the second and still receive the same good luck :)!!! If you forget after the second-- well you're just out of luck!

HAPPY WEDNESDAY!

XOXO
B

No comments: