Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Stuffed with GOODNESS

Last night we whipped up some stuffed peppers, they are so simple to make and yet have so much goodness running throughout!  Now I  know this month is dedicated to crock pot recipes but I have to admit that I did not use the crock to make mine.  So I'll give you my run down and also include the crock recipe in case you want to try it :)

4 LARGE green peppers
1 box/bag of spanish, dirty or jambalaya rice
1 lb. ground turkey (you can substitute chicken, beef or the like!)
1 yellow onion
1 can black beans
1 can diced tomatos
3- 4 tbsp tomato paste
sprinkle or two of cheese
LOTS AND LOTS of hot sauce

Start by cutting the tops off your peppers and cleaning out the seeds and veins from the insides.  Dice up your onion and let it sweat out. In the same pan brown your meat then combine with your beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, cooked rice (while the onions and meat were cooking I cooked the rice) cheese and hot sauce to your liking.  Scoop all of this into your peppers and allow to cook at 450 for 40-45 minutes.

**if you were going to "crock" this recipe, you would combine all ingredients uncooked stuff in to the peppers and cook on low for 7-9 hours (for this I would suggest using minute rice as it cooks much faster than regular rice)-- easy as pie!



before going under the heat!

out and ready for tasting!
XOXO
B

No comments: