Thursday, December 29, 2011

Infusing some goodness into the ordinary

I found this great idea a while back and knew I had to try it! I will admit I got a little crazy, I infused both bourbon and vodka.  I infused the bourbon with bacon and the vodka with yup, jalapenos!  Crazy I know, but they turned out GREAT!

The bacon infused bourbon took 7 days to reach its full flavor.  The jalapeno infused vodka only took a day.  I put it in full sunlight to let the flavors fully combine. Whoooa it is spicy!

You have to carefully strain the added components out of the alcohol.  For the bacon I used a coffee filter because of all the small parts (boy it took a long time!) the vodka was much more easy.  I simply used a strainer.  After fully strained I spruced them up in nice bottles for presentation! I also included recipe cards on the bottle for the infused beverages.



We tried one of the recipe cards last night, we decided on the Boozy Bourbon Apple.  You mix together the bacon bourbon, cream soda and apple juice. It is so delicious, especially over ice!  If you are interested in some of the other recipes let me know!

Happy sipping!


XOXO
B

No comments: